2018 Fall Traveling Fastpitch Softball (8U, 10U,12U, 14U) Details
The Burnsville Fastpitch program offers girls who are thinking about fastpitch softball for the next year (Spring/Summer 2019), the opportunity to try it out. For girls already in the program, it provides the opportunity to continue playing the game they love. In the Fall, there are no tryouts for the teams.
Games will be scheduled on Sunday afternoons, (except for Qualifiers and State) – usually 12:00pm & 1:30pm OR 3:00pm & 4:30pm.
Dates are scheduled for as follows:
Week 1: August 26th
Week 2: September 9th
Week 3: September 16th
Week 4: September 22nd (Qualifiers)
Week 5: September 29th (Fall State)
The league games will consist of two games at a single site.
Other Important Information
- Practices will start the week of August 13, 2018. Most teams will practice once or twice a week.
- Age groups are as follows:
- Born in 2004 or 2005 - 14U
- Born in 2006 or 2007 – 12U
- Born in 2008, 2009, or 2010 – 10U
- Born in 2011 or 2012 - 8U ~ Girls must be 6 yrs old to play 8U ~ Girls that are born in 2010 may play 8U if the parents and coach feel she is best served at the younger age group. Either the girl is coming right from in-house or has only played 1 year of Traveling.
Cost: $500 Per Team/number of girls on the team
Team Formations: Burnsville Coaches will meet on (Monday, August 6) – Team will be formed and coaches will girls by the night of August 7th.
Uniforms: Coaches will decide to use existing uniform tops or print tee-shirts – Typically black pants, black socks, but Fall Ball Coach will decide on the uniform.
Equipment: Helmet with face mask, glove, bat (can be borrowed with someone else), fielding facemask, bag, cleats (metal for 14/16U). Optional: batting glove
Hosting Fall Ball @ Savage Community: Jeremy Krumwiede will coordinate with the City of Savage to reserve the field. Coaches need to register to host on: http://fastpitch.mnsoftball.com/home and work with Jeremy to reserve the fields. If teams host, the money goes back into the team that hosts. All volunteers and concessions need to be coordinated with the parents on your team.
Website: All communication will be on the: http://bacsports.org/ - click on Softball Tab.
BAC Fastpitch News