Burnsville Traveling Basketball is located in Burnsville, Minnesota and is part of the BAC (Burnsville Athletic Club) that serves the families of School District 191 in Burnsville, Savage and Eagan. The program is designed to allow players to compete at a more competitive level to improve their overall skills. Try-outs are required.
In-person registration will be held on Wednesday, Sept 19th from 5pm-7pm, prior to the MANDATORY parent meeting at 7pm. If you need help registering or if you have paperwork for a scholarship, we will be available to help with both during this time.
2018-19 tryouts will be held Sunday, September 23rd at Burnsville High School. Parents/Guardians of every player trying out, MUST attend the mandatory parent meeting Wednesday, September 19th at Burnsville High School, in the cafeteria (specific details regarding the time are forthcoming). To register, please go to the Burnsville Athletic Club ("BAC") site at: http://bacsports.org/Registration/Default.asp?n=133677&org=bacsports
Tryout times are as follows:
- 10-11:30AM - 8th Grade
- 11:15-12:45PM - 7th Grade
- 12:30-2:00PM - 6th Grade
- 1:45-3:15PM - 5th Grade
- 3-4:00PM - 3/4th Grade (Blended)
To be eligible to play for Burnsville Boys Traveling Basketball, you must:
- Live within the One91 school district boundaries
- Attend a school within the One91 school district
- Attend a private school within the One91 boundaries (e.g, St. John's)
- Attend the mandatory parents meeting prior to the season
- Be able to attend practice at least two times a week, from October-March
- Attend 9 tournaments in various locations across the metro area (plus one out of town tournament)
- Pay all registration fees (including uniform/volunteer checks) prior to the first tournament
- Work volunteer shifts at two tournaments hosted by Burnsvillle Boys Traveling Basketball
We are also in need of Board members. The committment is a meeting once a month and volunteering at the tournament and uniform pickups/returns. We are all volunteers and without the committment of other volunteers, the program will not sustain itself. Please consider becoming part of the Burnsville Boys Traveling Basketball Board. If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL OPEN GYM DATES/TIMES/LOCATIONS
The final open gym dates for 2018 are as follows:
- Wednesday, September 5th - 7-8:30PM - Burnsville High School (Gyms A11
- Sunday, September 9th - 6-8:00PM - Metcalf Middle School
- Wednesday, September 12th - 7-8:30PM - Burnsville High School (Gyms A11-A13)
- Sunday, September 16th - Metcalf Middle School - 6-8:00PM
- Wednesday, September 19th - 7-8:30PM - Burnsville HIgh School (Gyms A11-A13)
*******Please arrive before the end of open gym time to pick up your children.
Open to Burnsville Boys Traveling Basketball players only who participated in the 2017-18 season & plan to participate in Burnsville Boys Traveling Basketball in 2018-19 (or the 9th grade Burnsville High School program). 2 gyms will be available for open runs (short games) and 1 available to work on basketball skills. Open gym will be supervised, but no trainer will be available. Please come to the high school with a signed consent form and receive your entrance badge. No badge, no entrance. No exceptions. Please see the attached consent form in the 'Forms Tab', which must be completed prior to participation.
2018 Blazin' Hot Hoops Tournament - November 9-11th, 2018
The Blazin' Hot Hoops Tournament registration for 2018 is now open! Please see the Blazin Hoops Tournament page for more details and registration form!
***Check out this great article on our new varsity head coach Rob Mestas!!